Find out answers to more questions
- What precautions should I take?
- • Do not drink any alcohol one week prior to the procedure.
- • Do not take any drugs containing aspirin.
- • Strictly avoid smoking two weeks prior to the procedure.
- • Shampoo/rinse hair well with the prescribed shampoo either the night before or on the day of surgery.
- • If you have grey hair, you need to dye your hair 2 days prior to surgery.
On the day of surgery
- • Please makes sure that you have breakfast.
- • Do not wear any clothing that needs to be pulled over your head to be removed. Wear a button or zip–down shirt.
- • Due to the drugs administered during the procedure you will not be able to drive after the surgery. So please make arrangements for someone to drive you before and after the procedure.
- In how many days can I resume work
- Most patients find that they are able to return to work the next day, while others may elect to relax at home for an additional day or two.
- How long should I wear the cap?
- You will be given surgical caps which you have to wear for the first few days after surgery to prevent any infections. It is ideal to wear this cap till the clot removal day. Once the implanted area is cleaned and clots removed you can stop using this cap.
- Will I feel pain during the procedure?
- You will be given a local anaesthesia in both the donor and the recipient area to numb the area so that you will not experience any pain and it will ensure that you are completely comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Will I feel pain after going home and next days?
Some soreness, tightness and possibly some numbness are normal and to be expected.In the next few days, some scabbing in the recipient sites may be present, as well as moderate redness. Swelling may also appear on the forehead, but this is typically rare. However, soreness and numbness in the donor area should begin to disappear in the days following the procedure. While some patients report a sensation similar to that of mild sunburn in the recipient areas following the procedure, there is generally little or no discomfort in the recipient area after the first few days following the procedure.
- Can I get the hairline that I desire?
- Hairline depends on various factors like your current hair, width of your forehead, shape of your face etc. Our doctor will advise you which hairline will look good and is suitable depending on the above factors.
Call 91 43 43 43 00