One week before surgery:
• Do not take any aspirin or any drugs containing aspirin. Please inform the doctor about any medicines you are currently taking. This is very important.
• Do not drink any alcohol one week prior to the procedure.
Day before surgery:
• Strictly Avoid smoking two weeks prior to the procedure. Smoking will severely affect the success of the procedure.
• Shampoo/rinse hair well with the prescribed shampoo either the night before or the day of surgery
• Try to get at least eight hours of sleep.
Day of Surgery:
• Please make sure that you have a light breakfast
• Please arrive at the surgery center at your scheduled surgery time. Surgery averages 5‐6 hours, based on the size of the procedure and other factors.
• Do not wear any clothing that needs to be pulled over your head to be removed. Wear a button or zip down shirt
• Due to the drugs administered during the procedure you will not be able to drive after the surgery. So please make arrangements for someone to drive you before and after the procedure.
• If you have grey hair, you need to dye your hair 2 days prior to surgery.